Simple Prayer



Jesus Lord I Pray to Thee

Jesus, Lord, to Thee I pray,
Guide me through this day.
As the shepherd tends his sheep.
Lord, safe me from evil.
Keep my feet from every snare,
Keep me with Thy watchful care.
All my little wants supply
If I live or if I die.
And when life, O Lord, is past,
Take me to Thyself at last. Amen.

Now I awake and see the light

Now I awake and see the light;
Lord, Thou hast kept me through the night.
To Thee I lift my voice and pray
That Thou wilt keep me through the day.
If I should die before ’is done,
O God, accept me through Thy Son!
Amen.

Lamb of God Prayer

Lamb of God, I look to Thee;
Thou art gentle, meek, and mild,
Thou wast once a little child.
Fain I would be as Thou art:
Give me Thy obedient heart.
Thou art pitiful and kind:
Let me have Thy loving mind.
Loving Jesus, gentle Lamb,
In Thy gracious hands I am;
Make me, Savior, what Thou art,
Live Thyself within my heart.
I shall then show forth Thy praise,
Serve Thee all my happy days;
Then the world shall always see
Christ, the holy Child, in me.

Direct me now, O gracious Lord,
To hear aright Thy holy Word;
Assist Thy minister to preach,
And let Thy Holy Spirit teach,
And let eternal life be found
By all who hear the joyful sound.
Amen.

Tender Jesus Meek and Mild

Tender Jesus, meek and mild,
Look on me, a little child;
Help me, if it is Thy will,
To recover from all ill.
Amen.


Post a Comment

0 Comments